3D Printing In Action
About this class
The popularity and awareness of 3D Printing is exploding. It is breaking down barriers in design and manufacturing, and making what was previously impossible, possible for anyone with just a basic understanding of the technology.
In this class we'll give you that basic understanding by putting some 3D printers into action. And yes, we will be printing whatever you have designed in the course to take home. You'll gain exposure to the main facets of 3D Printing including 3D Scanning, 3D Modelling, preparing the file for print, and finally, 3D Printing.
Designers, Engineers, Technologists, Entrepreneurs, Hackers and Hobbyists: this class is suitable for both novices and those more experienced with technology. Anyone with an interest in 3D printing and wants to learn should come along!
- The Basics: How does a 3D-printer work? What are the different types of printers and materials you can use? What can I print with a 3D-printer? Is it expensive to use a 3D Printer? and other FAQs
- 3D designing your own simple 3D object from scratch
- Initialise and set up the 3D Printer with basic settings
• Introduction to 3D Design
3-axes – X, Y & Z the Cartesian coordinate system.
- All about vertices.
• Introduction to SketchUp
- Drawing naturally.
- The interface.
• Toolbars – enable large toolbar.
• Guide lines and guide points.
• Modifier keys – Shift, Ctrl & Alt.
- Use a mouse with a wheel, not a trackpad.
• The Basics
- Shapes – Line, Arc, Rectangle, Circle, Subdivide
- Selecting & Deleting
• Exploding components
• Follow me
• Advanced Shapes
- Intersecting Shapes – Boolean functions
- Mirror- Flip along
- STL Import and Export
- 3D Shapes
• Make Session:
- Design & 3D print a keychain
PREREQS & PREPARATION
Bring your own laptop computer AND A MOUSE! Loaded with Sketchup (free software, please download and install before class http://www.sketchup.com/intl/en/gsu8/download.html)
Other required software will be installed during the class.
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM MYT
Early Bird Tickets! 100.00 MYR Standard Tickets! 120.00 MYR Early Bird 2+1 Ticket! 200.00 MYR Standard 2+1 Ticket! 240.00 MYR
- Venue Address
- VLT Hackerscape L1-48, First Floor SStwo Mall, 40 Jalan SS2/72, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia Malaysia
Jia Shern Tan52 Followers